Saturday, June 23, 2007

Part 2; It's not Always the Case That You Get What You Deserve!

the rest of the discussion & hopefully some sort of achievemnt... at least I tried my best in any possible way to get what I DESERVE...
Topic : General Discussion Date : Sat Jun 09 01:20:25 EST 2007
Subject : Re:feedback on assigment 2 Auther : Chui, Mabel
Yes I also remember Jeff said: “... Expenses after setting up is not part of the costs you are budgetting for.” That's why I did not include the maintenance cost but yet the feedback I've got from the tutor for assignment 2 is like:
Part A
Question 1:
- need to assume LAN load ( current, future) <--I did
- need to assume current software configuration <--I also did
- description of other topologies <-- Wasn't comparing them enough?
- need to evaluate at least 2 alternatives in the selection of
switches <-- Huh? Wasn't said in the assignment sheet!
- network application software <-- Isn't Network OS enough?!?
Question 2:
- physical netword design is also needed to estimate the cost (e.g. cable length) <-- I DID
Question 3:
- cost estimate of at least 2 LAN solutions are needed for the decision making process<--- What the?!?
- installation, test and maintenance cost could be included<-huh?
Part B
- evaluation of alternatives <-- I did
- database server
Makes me wonder the marker didn't even read my assignment thoroughly, can't really blame him coz it was around 6000 words :P
Topic : General Discussion Date : Sat Jun 09 03:38:34 EST 2007
Subject : Re:feedback on assigment 2 Auther : Chuah, Eng
i got almost the same feedback as u. lol
Topic : General Discussion Date : Sat Jun 09 10:05:14 EST 2007
Subject : Re:feedback on assigment 2 Auther : Alavian, Siavash
i haven't recieved the feedback so i can't judge now...
but what you say means we have to read the questions & answer something other than the questions or we have to answer something we aren't asked...
hope this won't be happening in the final exam...
i'm still waiting for feedback
Topic : General Discussion Date : Sat Jun 09 12:00:46 EST 2007
Subject : Re:feedback on assigment 2 Auther : Lewis, Keith
I haven't received any feedback apart from the mark yet. The assignment 2 instruction sheet said: &quot;Estimate the cost of implementing the network, with a breakdown of cost by component. " Where in that statement, or anywhere else in the assignment 2 instructions that are on MUSO (please quote it here) does it say that 2 separate solutions should be included?
Topic : General Discussion Date : Sat Jun 09 14:47:17 EST 2007
Subject : Re:feedback on assigment 2 Auther : Chui, Mabel
I reckon the feedback you're getting would be pretty much the same as mine (like everyone's).
This is what my lil rant is about, where o where on earth did it say something like estimation of 2 separate solutions should be included etc????? In the assignment sheet? On MUSO?? Verbally by the lecturer or the tutor??? NO~~, I don't think so!!! Like you guys, I've followed the assignment's instruction 100%, but yet they throw this at us to chop our marks.
Actually I've got quite a good mark for this assignment but if this is the main reason why I didn't get a higher mark because I didn't include the parts that is discussed in the feedback then I'm not happy. To me this is not a case of strict marking, this is hypocritical.
Topic : General Discussion Date : Mon Jun 11 12:35:03 EST 2007
Subject : Re:feedback on assigment 2 Auther : Tan, Jefferson
A comparison between alternatives is logical when justifying costs, e.g., this is more expensive (than the other) but is justified for the following reasons (then you proceed to give the reasons).
But as I wrote in the home page, I will be reviewing everyone's results, the assignment specs, as well as the marking guide.
Topic : General Discussion Date : Fri Jun 08 19:46:47 EST 2007
Subject : Re:feedback on assigment 2 Auther : Kung, Yue
uptill now..i did not receive the feedback yet..
so can't say anything..
Topic : General Discussion Date : Mon Jun 11 11:16:42 EST 2007
Subject : Re:feedback on assigment 2 Auther : Kung, Yue
I did not receive the feedback from my assignment 2 yet....
Is the mail lost?
if so, can that be resent again?
Thanks!:)
Topic : General Discussion Date : Mon Jun 11 11:48:01 EST 2007
Subject : Re:feedback on assigment 2 Auther : Alavian, Siavash
i haven't recieved feedback yet either...
i don't think chasing the process of assignment evaluation is my responsibility...
my responsibility is my learning - assignments are a great way of learning, but that learning isn't complete unless we get high quality feedback & this last part is not our responsibility
Topic : General Discussion Date : Mon Jun 11 12:37:43 EST 2007
Subject : Re:feedback on assigment 2 Auther : Tan, Jefferson
"i don't think chasing the process of assignment evaluation is my responsibility..."
Actually this responsibility is both yours and ours. You must not shirk this responsibility because you risk being cheated of what you deserve, just as we cannot shirk this responsibility because we risk failing in our duties in educating you. This is university, and this is life. What is yours can never be completely foisted onto another.
Rest assured that I am not happy with the delay in feedback as well.
RESULT: "Dear students: I have read through the anguished discussions concerning assignment 2 results. I will review this matter completely and make a final judgment by Wednesday the 13th." Jefferson Tan, The Lecturer

No comments: